- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ALTO PASS, Ill. -- Kay Myers, 66, of Alto Pass died Monday, Jan. 7, 2008, at her home.
She was born Jan. 2, 1942, at Mill Creek, Ill., daughter of Carl "Doc" and Fay Vick Cruse. She and Paul Ray Myers were married May 14, 1967, in Anna, Ill. He died July 3, 1996.
Formerly of Anna, she was a 1959 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School. She attended Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.
Myers had been a medical indexer with Mosby Publishing Co., and retired as a clerk and receptionist from Union County Hospital.
Survivors include a son, Michael Myers of Alto Pass; a daughter, Vicki Myers of Alto Pass; two sisters, Carolyn Cruse-Swope, and Carlene Baumheuter of Cahokia, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Alto Pass.
The funeral will be at noon Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Davy Miller officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.