- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action
Held a public hearing regarding the request of Southeast Missouri Hospital to rezone 413 and 415 Louisiana St. from an R-3, two-family dwelling district, to an R-4, multifamily dwelling district. Held a public hearing regarding the request of Southeast Missouri Hospital for a special-use permit to place a temporary modular office building at 2126 Independence Street in an M-1, light industrial zone, for the HealthPoint Plaza building.
(Second and third readings)
Amended city code relating to buildings. Amended city code relating to nuisances.
Amended city code relating to weeds. Tabled a proposed ordinance regulating pets.
Established handicap parking on a portion of South Pacific Street. Authorized the acquisition of property for the Arena Creek/Ranchito Stormwater Improvement Project.
Established new speed limits on new Highway 74. Established no parking along portions of Bellevue Street.
Approved placing a yield sign on Old Silver Springs Road at Silver Springs Road.
Levied a special assessment for sewer improvements along Kingsway Drive and authorized the issuance of tax bills. Approved two ordinances amending agreement on outstanding bonds.
(First reading) Approved an ordinance restricting the purchase and use of fireworks.
Approved the record plat of McLane Outlot No. 1 Subdivision on the southwest corner of Route K and South Broadview Street. Established the boundaries of a sewer district to serve a residential development on Jefferson Street.
Amended city code relating to sales of alcoholic beverages near schools and churches. Rezoned 413 and 415 Louisiana from R-3, two-family dwelling district, to R-4, multifamily dwelling district.
Granted a special-use permit to Southeast Missouri Hospital for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating a temporary office in a modular building at 2126 Independence.
Resolutions Executed an escrow agreement with Sandy McLane Donley and Alliance Bank.
Approved a contract with Lappe Cement Finishing Inc. for Independence Street reconstruction from Pacific Street to Sprigg Street.
Appointed Ronald Kirby to Cape Girardeau Public Library Board.
Liquor License Approved a temporary liquor license for Larry Essner, d/b/a Community Counseling Center Foundation, for an event to be held April 16 at Deerfield Lodge.
Accepted into the city's system an extension of the water distribution system to serve lots 8 and 9 of Hunze Subdivision. Accepted the Earleen Drive stormwater improvements and authorized final payment to Fronabarger Concreters Inc.
Approved improvement plans for a sanitary sewer to serve a commercial subdivision at Broadview and Applebee's Restaurant.