- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action
Held a public hearing regarding the request of Southeast Missouri Hospital to rezone 413 and 415 Louisiana St. from an R-3, two-family dwelling district, to an R-4, multifamily dwelling district. Held a public hearing regarding the request of Southeast Missouri Hospital for a special-use permit to place a temporary modular office building at 2126 Independence Street in an M-1, light industrial zone, for the HealthPoint Plaza building.
(Second and third readings)
Amended city code relating to buildings. Amended city code relating to nuisances.
Amended city code relating to weeds. Tabled a proposed ordinance regulating pets.
Established handicap parking on a portion of South Pacific Street. Authorized the acquisition of property for the Arena Creek/Ranchito Stormwater Improvement Project.
Established new speed limits on new Highway 74. Established no parking along portions of Bellevue Street.
Approved placing a yield sign on Old Silver Springs Road at Silver Springs Road.
Levied a special assessment for sewer improvements along Kingsway Drive and authorized the issuance of tax bills. Approved two ordinances amending agreement on outstanding bonds.
(First reading) Approved an ordinance restricting the purchase and use of fireworks.
Approved the record plat of McLane Outlot No. 1 Subdivision on the southwest corner of Route K and South Broadview Street. Established the boundaries of a sewer district to serve a residential development on Jefferson Street.
Amended city code relating to sales of alcoholic beverages near schools and churches. Rezoned 413 and 415 Louisiana from R-3, two-family dwelling district, to R-4, multifamily dwelling district.
Granted a special-use permit to Southeast Missouri Hospital for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating a temporary office in a modular building at 2126 Independence.
Resolutions Executed an escrow agreement with Sandy McLane Donley and Alliance Bank.
Approved a contract with Lappe Cement Finishing Inc. for Independence Street reconstruction from Pacific Street to Sprigg Street.
Appointed Ronald Kirby to Cape Girardeau Public Library Board.
Liquor License Approved a temporary liquor license for Larry Essner, d/b/a Community Counseling Center Foundation, for an event to be held April 16 at Deerfield Lodge.
Accepted into the city's system an extension of the water distribution system to serve lots 8 and 9 of Hunze Subdivision. Accepted the Earleen Drive stormwater improvements and authorized final payment to Fronabarger Concreters Inc.
Approved improvement plans for a sanitary sewer to serve a commercial subdivision at Broadview and Applebee's Restaurant.