- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau County Commission action
Approved Domestic Violence Authority Board's request to submit $5,751 to Safehouse for Women.
Approved a Copi-Rite agreement for six machines for $417.01.
Approved 911 request to purchase software for $540 for the Delta Firehouse computer system.
Approved Circuit Clerk Charlie Hutson's request for seven shelves at $612 from the Missouri Department of Corrections, subject to review by Don McQuay, buildings and grounds superintendent.
Approved 911 request for new server software for $727.78 from Innovative Idea.
Approved the 911 board to proceed with a contract with Geocomm, a consultant to assist with the 911 upgrade to Phase 2 wireless service.