- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Mosley book is truly a treasure
To the editor:Last month I attended a book signing at the Farmington Public Library for Jean Bell Mosley's book, "And God Answered." As a youngster growing up in Ste. Genevieve County, I always looked forward to Mrs. Mosley's columns that appeared in the Ste. Genevieve Herald, and I wanted to be there for her new book. I was so happy to get a signed book from her son, Steve Mosley. I truly treasure this book, which highlights her life, her venture into writing and the spirituality that she found in all things around her. As a youngster growing up in the country, I was always able to connect with her writings. As I have grown older, I continue to reread her works. They take me back to a great time of wonderful, carefree summer days, picking blackberries, a weekly trip to the library and just being with family.
I am so grateful this material was gathered together about Mrs. Mosley's life and published as a book. I want to thank Steve and Viney Mosley and Southeast Missouri State University Press, who worked to get this accomplished. It would have been such a loss to the many readers who grew up reading Mrs. Mosley's articles and newspaper columns if this had not been carried out. Thank you.
JOYCE WHITE, Ste. Genevieve, Mo.