- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Mosley book is truly a treasure
To the editor:Last month I attended a book signing at the Farmington Public Library for Jean Bell Mosley's book, "And God Answered." As a youngster growing up in Ste. Genevieve County, I always looked forward to Mrs. Mosley's columns that appeared in the Ste. Genevieve Herald, and I wanted to be there for her new book. I was so happy to get a signed book from her son, Steve Mosley. I truly treasure this book, which highlights her life, her venture into writing and the spirituality that she found in all things around her. As a youngster growing up in the country, I was always able to connect with her writings. As I have grown older, I continue to reread her works. They take me back to a great time of wonderful, carefree summer days, picking blackberries, a weekly trip to the library and just being with family.
I am so grateful this material was gathered together about Mrs. Mosley's life and published as a book. I want to thank Steve and Viney Mosley and Southeast Missouri State University Press, who worked to get this accomplished. It would have been such a loss to the many readers who grew up reading Mrs. Mosley's articles and newspaper columns if this had not been carried out. Thank you.
JOYCE WHITE, Ste. Genevieve, Mo.