- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Mosley book is truly a treasure
To the editor:Last month I attended a book signing at the Farmington Public Library for Jean Bell Mosley's book, "And God Answered." As a youngster growing up in Ste. Genevieve County, I always looked forward to Mrs. Mosley's columns that appeared in the Ste. Genevieve Herald, and I wanted to be there for her new book. I was so happy to get a signed book from her son, Steve Mosley. I truly treasure this book, which highlights her life, her venture into writing and the spirituality that she found in all things around her. As a youngster growing up in the country, I was always able to connect with her writings. As I have grown older, I continue to reread her works. They take me back to a great time of wonderful, carefree summer days, picking blackberries, a weekly trip to the library and just being with family.
I am so grateful this material was gathered together about Mrs. Mosley's life and published as a book. I want to thank Steve and Viney Mosley and Southeast Missouri State University Press, who worked to get this accomplished. It would have been such a loss to the many readers who grew up reading Mrs. Mosley's articles and newspaper columns if this had not been carried out. Thank you.
JOYCE WHITE, Ste. Genevieve, Mo.