- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Mosley book is truly a treasure
To the editor:Last month I attended a book signing at the Farmington Public Library for Jean Bell Mosley's book, "And God Answered." As a youngster growing up in Ste. Genevieve County, I always looked forward to Mrs. Mosley's columns that appeared in the Ste. Genevieve Herald, and I wanted to be there for her new book. I was so happy to get a signed book from her son, Steve Mosley. I truly treasure this book, which highlights her life, her venture into writing and the spirituality that she found in all things around her. As a youngster growing up in the country, I was always able to connect with her writings. As I have grown older, I continue to reread her works. They take me back to a great time of wonderful, carefree summer days, picking blackberries, a weekly trip to the library and just being with family.
I am so grateful this material was gathered together about Mrs. Mosley's life and published as a book. I want to thank Steve and Viney Mosley and Southeast Missouri State University Press, who worked to get this accomplished. It would have been such a loss to the many readers who grew up reading Mrs. Mosley's articles and newspaper columns if this had not been carried out. Thank you.
JOYCE WHITE, Ste. Genevieve, Mo.