- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Mosley book is truly a treasure
To the editor:Last month I attended a book signing at the Farmington Public Library for Jean Bell Mosley's book, "And God Answered." As a youngster growing up in Ste. Genevieve County, I always looked forward to Mrs. Mosley's columns that appeared in the Ste. Genevieve Herald, and I wanted to be there for her new book. I was so happy to get a signed book from her son, Steve Mosley. I truly treasure this book, which highlights her life, her venture into writing and the spirituality that she found in all things around her. As a youngster growing up in the country, I was always able to connect with her writings. As I have grown older, I continue to reread her works. They take me back to a great time of wonderful, carefree summer days, picking blackberries, a weekly trip to the library and just being with family.
I am so grateful this material was gathered together about Mrs. Mosley's life and published as a book. I want to thank Steve and Viney Mosley and Southeast Missouri State University Press, who worked to get this accomplished. It would have been such a loss to the many readers who grew up reading Mrs. Mosley's articles and newspaper columns if this had not been carried out. Thank you.
JOYCE WHITE, Ste. Genevieve, Mo.