- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Ohio man has an experience changing his name
AKRON, Ohio -- You can refer to him officially now as Mr. Experience. Daniel Michael Miller II is history.
The former Dan Miller, 24, has legally changed his name to "The" Dan Miller Experience.
His first name is "The" Dan, with the quotation marks. His middle name is Miller and his last name is Experience.
About 300 people petitioned the Summit County Probate Court last year to change a name, and Experience was one of the few who was called in to explain why he wanted an unusual name. The Akron musician and rapper did so, and last month the change became official.
"My first reaction was that this guy was going to have some problems with Homeland Security," said Magistrate Larry Poulos, who approved the name change.
"But [Experience] is in the entertainment business, and he seems like a nice kid," Poulos said.
Said Experience: "I like to do little things in my life that amuse me. This amuses me."
So far, Experience said, he has not had any problems with the switch, other than a few laughs when he renewed his driver's license.