- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Ohio man has an experience changing his name
AKRON, Ohio -- You can refer to him officially now as Mr. Experience. Daniel Michael Miller II is history.
The former Dan Miller, 24, has legally changed his name to "The" Dan Miller Experience.
His first name is "The" Dan, with the quotation marks. His middle name is Miller and his last name is Experience.
About 300 people petitioned the Summit County Probate Court last year to change a name, and Experience was one of the few who was called in to explain why he wanted an unusual name. The Akron musician and rapper did so, and last month the change became official.
"My first reaction was that this guy was going to have some problems with Homeland Security," said Magistrate Larry Poulos, who approved the name change.
"But [Experience] is in the entertainment business, and he seems like a nice kid," Poulos said.
Said Experience: "I like to do little things in my life that amuse me. This amuses me."
So far, Experience said, he has not had any problems with the switch, other than a few laughs when he renewed his driver's license.