- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Ohio man has an experience changing his name
AKRON, Ohio -- You can refer to him officially now as Mr. Experience. Daniel Michael Miller II is history.
The former Dan Miller, 24, has legally changed his name to "The" Dan Miller Experience.
His first name is "The" Dan, with the quotation marks. His middle name is Miller and his last name is Experience.
About 300 people petitioned the Summit County Probate Court last year to change a name, and Experience was one of the few who was called in to explain why he wanted an unusual name. The Akron musician and rapper did so, and last month the change became official.
"My first reaction was that this guy was going to have some problems with Homeland Security," said Magistrate Larry Poulos, who approved the name change.
"But [Experience] is in the entertainment business, and he seems like a nice kid," Poulos said.
Said Experience: "I like to do little things in my life that amuse me. This amuses me."
So far, Experience said, he has not had any problems with the switch, other than a few laughs when he renewed his driver's license.