- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Ohio man has an experience changing his name
AKRON, Ohio -- You can refer to him officially now as Mr. Experience. Daniel Michael Miller II is history.
The former Dan Miller, 24, has legally changed his name to "The" Dan Miller Experience.
His first name is "The" Dan, with the quotation marks. His middle name is Miller and his last name is Experience.
About 300 people petitioned the Summit County Probate Court last year to change a name, and Experience was one of the few who was called in to explain why he wanted an unusual name. The Akron musician and rapper did so, and last month the change became official.
"My first reaction was that this guy was going to have some problems with Homeland Security," said Magistrate Larry Poulos, who approved the name change.
"But [Experience] is in the entertainment business, and he seems like a nice kid," Poulos said.
Said Experience: "I like to do little things in my life that amuse me. This amuses me."
So far, Experience said, he has not had any problems with the switch, other than a few laughs when he renewed his driver's license.