- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
John Reed III
SIKESTON, Mo. -- John William Reed III, "Jay," 32, of Sikeston died Friday, Jan. 4, 2008.
He was born Jan. 5, 1975, in Jefferson City, Mo., son of John William Reed II and Prudence Garber of Jefferson City. He and Brooke (Hendricks) Reed were married Jan. 12, 2002. She survives of the home.
Reed was a member of Miner Baptist Church and was a self-employed building contractor.
In addition to his wife and parents, other survivors include a son, Jake Dawson Reed of the home; paternal grandparents, John William (Katherine) Reed Sr. of Jefferson City; maternal grandmother, Minnie Fortson of Jefferson City; two brothers, Jeff Reed of Overland Park, Kan., Adam Garber of Jefferson City; his stepmother, Reva Reed of Jefferson City; a stepsister, Tausha Bryan of Jefferson City; several aunts and uncles.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home, where funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday. The Rev. Mitch Jackson and the Rev. Jason Grubbs will officiate.
Burial will follow in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.
Pallbearers will be Chris Lambert, Jared Self, Will Lough, Phil Dewitt, Mike Means and Wes Means.
Memorial donations may be sent to Jay Reed Memorial Fund, Focus Bank, 1150 S. Main St., Sikeston, Mo. 63801.