Noranda files for bankruptcy
Legislator says new education law gives schools more flexibility
Southeast marching band alum holds vivid memories of 1971 Super Bowl
Red Star church rebuilds after the flood
Presidential executive actions spur gun sales locally, sheriff, dealers say
Plungers head into water to raise money for Special Olympics
Jackson Board of Aldermen agenda
7:30 p.m. Monday
City Hall, 101 Court St.
A study session follows at 8:15 p.m.
* Monthly bills
* A motion to change the board of aldermen regular meeting from 7:30 p.m. Mon., Feb 18, to Tues., Feb. 19, in observance of President's Day.
* Bill proposing an ordinance authorizing the mayor to sign depository.
* Agreements with US Bank, First Missouri State Bank, Commerce Bank and the Bank of Missouri.
* Ordinance approving the settlement agreement of the class action lawsuit with AT&T Mobility.
* Ordinance approving the settlement agreement of the class action lawsuit with U.S. Cellular.
* Motion approving appointment of Todd Schneider to fill an unexpired term on the Planning and Zoning Commission, ending May 2009.
* Ordinance approving the minor plat of Icehouse Subdivision, as submitted by Marc and Jennifer Harris and Gregory and Vicki Leet.
* Reports by the mayor, aldermen, city attorney, city administrator, and discussion of future agenda items.
* Litigation, personnel and purchase of property.
Study session agenda
* Cape Girardeau Area Magnet update by Mitch Robinson.
* Project list updates.
* Monthly departmental updates.
* Cape Girardeau County Transit Authority's request for funding.
Agenda items for Jan. 22, pending board approval:
* Public hearing to consider the rezoning of 15.52 acres of property lying immediately west of Klaus Park Village Subdivision, from R-2 (single-family residential) district and R-4 (general residential) district to R-3 (one and two-family residential) district, as submitted by James C. Green.
* Motion approving the semiannual financial statement ending Dec. 31, 2007.