- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
GriefShare meeting to be held Wednesday
GriefShare, a Christian-based grief recovery seminar and support group for those who have lost a loved one in death, will meet at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in room 202 of the education building at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. This week's topic is "The Uniqueness of Grief, Part 2."
Events planned for week at First Baptist Church
* Sunday: Morning Worship at 10:45 a.m., with pastor Mike Shupert delivering the second in the sermon series "The Power of a Changed Life" titled "A Lifestyle of Worship," with the Lord's Supper to follow.
* Wednesday: Bible study will be held at 6:15 p.m. with Dr. Ron Winstead on Luke chapter 6.
* Friday: Parents' Night Out, a ministry of First Baptist providing care with activities for children 6 months old to sixth grade, will be held from 5:30 to 10 p.m. for a fee. Call 335-6006 for reservations.
Youth group to celebrate fourth anniversary
Vincentian Marian Youth will celebrate its fourth anniversary with a youth encounter at 6 p.m. Jan. 13 at the Shrine church in Perryville, Mo. The evening will begin with a five-minute Faith Alive, followed by a contemporary mass with the Rev. Jim Swift as main celebrant. Following that will be food and fellowship. VMY is geared for teens and young adults, but all ages are welcome to come.
Gospel singing at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill., featuring the Gloryroad Travelers and New Harmony Singers.
Christian Women's Club "prayer connection" from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports