- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. Monday
City hall, 401 Independence St.
5 p.m. study session
Consent ordinances, second and third readings
* Accept fee simple interest to property adjacent to Water Plant No. 2 from Southeast Missouri Stone Co.
* Authorize the acquisition of property for water system improvements adjacent to Water Plant No. 2.
* Approve the record plat of Arbor Heights Fifth Addition.
* Approve the record plat of Garrett Subdivision.
* Accept fee simple interest, a permanent slope easement and a temporary construction easement from Danny Stratton for the construction of Fountain Street and other projects.
* Accept a grant of easement from Dalhousie LLC to serve the Lochs of Dalhousie Subdivision in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Accept a grant of easement from Dalhousie LLC to serve the Highlands of Dalhousie Subdivision Phase IV in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Accept a grant of easement from Dalhousie LLC to serve the Highlands of Dalhousie Phase IV in Sewer District 17-1-A.
* Approve the record plat of The Highlands at Dalhousie, Phase IV.
* Acknowledge receipt of an annexation petition from RiverWest Partners LC, Walden Park Village LLC, A.G. Jones Properties LLC and Quantus Development LLC and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* Authorize the city manager to enter into a contract with PR Developers Inc. for the South Ramsey Lift Station and Force Main, sanitary sewer extension.
* Authorize the city manager to execute Amendment No. 1 to the State Block Grant Agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation for the general aviation terminal rehabilitation project at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Authorize the city manager to accept the proposal submitted by Ron Duff Video Productions to broadcast and record Cape Girardeau City Council meetings and to execute all necessary contract documents.
* Appointments to the Golf Course Advisory Board.
* Approve of a 5 percent beer by the drink liquor license for Mildred L. Close, d/b/a The Life of Jesus Religious Supply Store, 821 Broadway Suite A, Mildred L. Close, managing officer.
* Accept improvements completed under the 2007 Overlay Program and authorizing final payment to Jokerst Inc.