- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Charlene Gafford, 74, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Dec. 28, 1933, in Lauderdale County, Tenn., daughter of Charlie and Ardella Glenn Dayson.
Gafford had lived in Missouri since 1992.
Survivors include a son, Clifton Stringer of Sacramento; a daughter, Robin Gafford of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Robert and James Robinson of Lilbourn, Mo.; a sister, Georgia Burks of Griffith, Ind.; 19 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from noon to service time today at First Baptist Church in Howardville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the church, with the Rev. Floyd Wade officiating. Burial will be in Simmons Park Cemetery at Catron, Mo.
Williams Funeral Home in Howardville is in charge of arrangements.