- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Alene Beasley, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2008, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born April 5, 1924, in Dyer, Ark., daughter of Ethel Wright. She and Harold Beasley were married Sept. 9, 1942, in Texarkana, Ark. He died July 5, 2002.
Mrs. Beasley was a member of Longview First Assembly Church in Longview, Texas.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Don and Sue Beasley of Cape Girardeau; a brother and sister-in-law, Walen and Linda Wright of Longview; a sister and brother-in-law, Caroline and David Puryear of Tulsa, Okla.; six grandchildren, Donny Beasley of Cape Girardeau, Ty Rodgers of Hot Springs, Ark., Nick Spainhour of Longview, Lisa Mendenall of Texarkana, Texas, Dana Thibodeaux of Benton, Ark., Deena Raggio of Pilot Point, Texas; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a brother.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at East Funeral Home-Moore's Lane in Texarkana, Texas.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Carter officiating. Burial will be in East Memorial Gardens in Texarkana, Ark.
Pallbearers will be Peyton Beasley, Tristan Thibodeaux, Tanner Thibodeaux, Keanan Welch, Taylor Mendenall and Nick Spainhour.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements.