- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Police report 1/5/08
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Keith J. Harris, 40, 1017 N. Frederick St., was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, no valid operator's license, failure to stop at a stop sign and no proof of insurance.
* Benjamin A. Jones, 23, of St. Louis was arrested on a Scott County warrant for child neglect and nonsupport.
* Lauren E. Collins, 33, of Sikeston, Mo., was arrested on two Arnold, Mo., warrants for failure to appear for two counts of traffic offenses.
* A 16-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for being beyond parental control.
* A subject was in custody pending filing of formal charges of driving while revoked.
* Elaine I. Laws, 26, 426 Bellevue St., No. 1, was arrested on a Scott County warrant for failure to appear.
* Jeffery S. Burton, 46, 729 S. Fountain St., received a summons for a leash-law violation.
* An assault and property damage was reported.
* Stealing and fraudulent use of a credit device was reported at 107 N. Main St.
* Rent One, 610 S. Kingshighway, reported a failure to return a rented computer, monitor and living room set.
* Fraudulent use of a credit device was reported.
* Medication was reported stolen at 1927 N. Kingshighway.
* Jaspers, 1008 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* Rhodes 101, 1624 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* Rent One, 610 S. Kingshighway, reported a failure to return a rented television.
* A rear vehicle window was reported damaged at 524 Vincent Park Drive.
* A 22-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 1200 block of South Benton Street.
* A 19-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* Harassing telephone calls were reported.
* A 19-year-old man was placed in protective custody at 402 S. Silver Springs Road.
Cape Girardeau County
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Maurice R. Carothers, 33, of Jackson was arrested on suspicion of domestic assault.
* Dustin Lambert, 29, of Cape Girardeau was arrested by the O'Fallon, Mo., police department on a warrant for failure to appear for no operator's license and no proof of insurance.
* Jeanna L. Maynard, 32, of Jackson was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for probation violation for assault.
* Julian C. Moore, 25, of Cape Girardeau was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for stealing by deceit.