- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two Missouri soldiers charged with statutory rape
SEYMOUR, Mo. (AP) -- Two Fort Leonard Wood soldiers have been charged with having sex with a 13-year-old southern Missouri girl.
Jessie F. McCormick and John A. Koelle, both 20, were arrested on New Year's Day after the girl's father told authorities he suspected McCormick was involved with his daughter.
McCormick was charged Wednesday with one count of first-degree statutory rape and Koelle with three counts of first-degree statutory rape.
According to the probable cause statement, McCormick had sex with the Seymour girl between June 1 and Dec. 31, and Koelle had sex with her once in November and twice in December.
A Fort Leonard Wood spokesman said McCormick and Koelle were on leave at the time of the alleged crimes.
The soldiers are being held in the Webster County Jail on $50,000 bonds and have court appearances Monday.