- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bulldogs top Villa, take third in tourney
Notre Dame finished third in the Queen of Hearts Tournament at Villa Duchesne High School in St. Louis County after beating the host team 40-27 Sunday afternoon.
"It was a good tournament," Notre Dame coach Jerry Grim said. "It had some surprising teams in it. I thought we should have been able to play with the teams better than what we did, though."
Notre Dame (11-8) defeated Lutheran North on Friday night and lost to Metro St. Louis on Saturday.
"We're still working and hopefully we'll be able to come together by the end of the season," Grim said.
Sommer McCauley had a team-high 12 points, nine rebounds and six steals. McCauley hit the game-winning shot against Lutheran North.
"She's still got a ways to go," Grim said. "If she worked hard at all aspects of her game she'd be a great player."Notre Dame 40, Villa Duchesne 27
NOTRE DAME (40) -- Sommer McCauley 12, Amanda Essner 8, Elana Weissmueller 7, Laura Weissmueller 5, Katie Palmer 3, Amber Karnes 2, Alli Martin 1, Rachel Wright 2. FG 12, FT 4-10, F 10 (3-pointers: McCauley 2, Palmer 1, E. Weissmueller 1. Fouled out: none)
VILLA DUCHESNE (27) -- Vain 14, McClain 6, Doehm 5, Graves 2. FG 13, FT 1-2, F 13 (3-pointers: none. Fouled out: none)
-- From staff reports