- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Speak Out 1/4/08
Protecting our homes
OPPONENTS OF the so-called castle law are concerned that there will be more killings by individuals protecting their homes. Isn't it time for law-abiding citizens to be able to protect their homes against the criminal whose hand only gets smacked by the justice system? A question for those who are against this law: Whom are you trying to protect?
Service to Cincinnati
REGARDING THE comment about the loss of air service to Cincinnati, saying that "Cincinnati will be out of our lives": I have family in Cincinnati, and I'm sure others do too. We enjoyed the convenience of flying a few times to visit. We will miss that.
DEADBEAT DADS. Deadbeat moms. What about deadbeat children?
I WANT to comment about Benazir Bhutto's assassination and the election in Pakistan. This war on terrorism isn't over. We're fighting them over there. Otherwise they would be over here bombing us. There haven't been any bombings in the last seven years. We were hit nine times before President Bush took over. Some people want to cut and run and ignore the enemy. That's basically what they did with Hitler, and we had a massive world war. So you really want people in the White House who think you can negotiate with people who want to kill you? No. You've got to go kill them, or they will come here and kill American citizens. Look what they're doing to their own people over there.
Tactics that work
I'M GLAD the CIA destroyed any torture tapes. That's what I expect my government to do: to be smart enough to protect itself. It's ridiculous to think you can ask terrorists, "Who is your leader? Who's behind this?" and expect them to answer. Waterboarding is not the worst that can happen to them. The worst happened Sept. 11 when we had American citizens jumping out of windows.
I WAS at a funeral last week and saw something unusual. Two girls were pallbearers. What an honor that must have been.
IF THE shoe fits, wear it. There are many deadbeat moms in this world. They don't work, do drugs, drink and live with different men. But they still expect the father of their child to support them. Most times the child doesn't benefit.