- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Paul Sharp, 82, of rural Anna died Wednesday Jan. 2, 2008, at his home.
He was born Jan. 7, 1925, in Elco, Ill., son of Rando J. and Della N. Brimm Sharp. He married Norma A. Jordan July 19, 1945, at Pocahontas. She died Sept. 19, 1999.
Sharp served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He attended New Hope Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Carolyn Poole of Anna; a brother, Joe Sharp of Cobden, Ill.; a sister, Emma Whitson of Tulsa, Okla.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded by his wife, a son, two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Andy Gillespie officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery at Dongola, Ill. Military rites will be conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.