- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Erin Ashley Marrs and Justin Michael Rice exchanged vows Dec. 27, 2003, at Smith Avenue Church of God in Sikeston, Mo. Bishop Ira Sandafar performed the ceremony. Organist was Christy Shinn of Gordonville. Soloist was David Rice, father of the groom. A duet was comprised of Justin Tanner of Memphis, Tenn., cousin of the groom, and Judy Tanner of Sikeston, aunt of the groom. Also singing as a group were Kelli Niswonger, Natalie Rafferty, Elizabeth Baugh and Roni Hayden, all of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Jan and Rick Heuring of Gordonville and Bruce and Kathy Marrs of Jackson. David and Becky Rice of Jackson are parents of the groom.
Maid of honor was Amber Johnson of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Matron of honor was Jessica Birk of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Mecca Donley of Fruitland and Elizabeth Baugh of Jackson.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Tynn Watson of Jackson, Nick Donley of Fruitland, and Adam Monahan of Jackson. Ushers were Brent Marrs of Murphysboro, Ill., brother of the bride; John Kirk and Brett Stroud of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Kelli Niswonger and Natalie Rafferty of Jackson.
Flower girl was Kiley Inabnit, daughter of Lanny and Robin Inabnit of Concord, N.C., niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Tristen Johnson, son of Amber Johnson and nephew of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Autumn Stevens and Roni Hayden.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Servers were Yolanda and Karen Smith, aunts of the bride; Judy Tanner; and Robin Inabnit, sister of the groom.
The rehearsal dinner was held Dec. 26 at High Street Station in Jackson.
Mrs. Rice is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School, and is attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School. He is in the U.S. Navy stationed at Pearl Harbor.
The couple is residing in Mililani, Hawaii.