- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Rep. Jetton puts own interests over constituents
To the editor:
State Rep. Rod Jetton's interruption of Gov. Bob Holden was embarrassing to the people he represents and unprofessional. Jetton is in office to advance his own ego, not to represent the people of the 156th District. Our representatives should listen to the governor's address and disagree with it after it is over.
Republican leaders defended Jetton. The House minority floor leader said he should have better manners. I agree that the superintendent of the highway patrol should have removedJetton from the chamber.
Most of the time I vote Republican, but we know we need a good representative for the 156th District. Does anybody know one?