- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Rep. Jetton puts own interests over constituents
To the editor:
State Rep. Rod Jetton's interruption of Gov. Bob Holden was embarrassing to the people he represents and unprofessional. Jetton is in office to advance his own ego, not to represent the people of the 156th District. Our representatives should listen to the governor's address and disagree with it after it is over.
Republican leaders defended Jetton. The House minority floor leader said he should have better manners. I agree that the superintendent of the highway patrol should have removedJetton from the chamber.
Most of the time I vote Republican, but we know we need a good representative for the 156th District. Does anybody know one?