- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Rep. Jetton puts own interests over constituents
To the editor:
State Rep. Rod Jetton's interruption of Gov. Bob Holden was embarrassing to the people he represents and unprofessional. Jetton is in office to advance his own ego, not to represent the people of the 156th District. Our representatives should listen to the governor's address and disagree with it after it is over.
Republican leaders defended Jetton. The House minority floor leader said he should have better manners. I agree that the superintendent of the highway patrol should have removedJetton from the chamber.
Most of the time I vote Republican, but we know we need a good representative for the 156th District. Does anybody know one?