- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Rep. Jetton puts own interests over constituents
To the editor:
State Rep. Rod Jetton's interruption of Gov. Bob Holden was embarrassing to the people he represents and unprofessional. Jetton is in office to advance his own ego, not to represent the people of the 156th District. Our representatives should listen to the governor's address and disagree with it after it is over.
Republican leaders defended Jetton. The House minority floor leader said he should have better manners. I agree that the superintendent of the highway patrol should have removedJetton from the chamber.
Most of the time I vote Republican, but we know we need a good representative for the 156th District. Does anybody know one?