- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mitch Albom hit the big-time with his memoir "Tuesdays with Morrie," getting a little help from Oprah Winfrey, a woman who single-handedly creates successful authors, and landing on the New York Times best-seller list.
Winfrey even produced an Emmy-winning TV movie adaptation of the book.
Since then, Albom's tale of his days with his favorite professor, Morrie Schwartz, has also become a stage play, adapted by Albom and acclaimed playwright Jeffrey Hatcher.
Now through Jan. 27, that play will be performed on the Browning Mainstage of the Loretto-Hilton Center for the Performing Arts in Webster Groves by The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis.
Expect tugging at heartstrings if you watch "Tuesdays with Morrie." Like the book, the play details Albom's relationship with Schwartz as he deteriorates from Lou Gehrig's Disease. When Albom finds out his former college professor Schwartz is dying, he becomes his student again, meeting every week and learning about life, love and death.
For more information or to get tickets call The Rep Box Office at 314-968-4925 or go to www.repstl.org. Tickets range from $14 to $63.
Want to go?
What: "Tuesdays with Morrie"
When: Through Jan. 27
Where: Loretto Hilton Center, Webster Groves, Mo.
Info: 314-968-4925, repstl.org