- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PATTON, Mo. -- Paul James Hill, 62, of Patton died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, at his home.
He was born Feb. 25, 1945, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., son of Emery and Geraldine Burkhart Hill. He and Thelma Horrell were married Dec. 10, 1972.
Hill worked as a welder in a boat factory until he became disabled.
Survivors include his father of Fredericktown, Mo.; his wife; two sons, Robert Hill of Tennessee, Paul Hill of Florida; two daughters, Teresa Lester of Mount Vernon, Ill., Christina Dodge of Florida; three stepsons, Larry and Howard Turlin of Elkhart, Ind., Leonard Turlin of Perryville, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Betty McElvain of Marble Hill, Mo., a brother, Enos Hill of Bell City, Mo.; two sisters, Shirley Davis of Jackson, Jessie Grubbs of Perryville; seven grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and eight great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his mother, two grandchildren and a stepgrandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Pine Hill Cemetery near Patton.