- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
There was a time in America when the neighborhood was the center of American life. Relatives and friends lived there. Kids walked to their neighborhood school. It was like one big, extended family.
It's still that way in a few neighborhoods. One of them surrounds the house at 2513 Albert Rasche. Many people in this neighborhood have lived here all their lives, and have stayed to raise their own children here.
That's because those simple, ranch style homes adapt so easily to family needs. This home is a classic brick and aluminum siding ranch style home with black shutters and a one-car carport. It's not fancy, but it's very family friendly.
The living room offers a simple light color palette for interior decoration. The walls and carpeting are light, with a large picture window giving plenty of natural light to visually expand the space. Above the window is a cozy country style oak shelf for display of heirlooms and collectibles.
The kitchen is unusually large for this style of home, with a long stretch of cabinetry and countertop making it the perfect kitchen for meal preparation and family time. The walnut cabinetry, along with a pantry, offers plenty of storage space, and modern appliances keep the kitchen updated. The adjoining dining area has a wood parquet floor with a sliding glass patio door opening to a multi-level deck, and a large back yard with an in-ground swimming pool. The pool and deck offer great possibilities for summer dining and entertaining, and custom-made wooden fencing around the back yard adds distinction.
This home has three bedrooms on its main floor, all with plentiful closet space and natural light. The master bedroom creatively joins to its own half bath, and to the floor's main bathroom for bathing facilities.
This home also has a finished basement with a large finished room providing a nice family room, complete with a classic brick wood-burning fireplace and wet bar. Another small bedroom is also located in this walk-out basement, which actually has two doors exiting to the home's back yard.
Also downstairs is another bathroom with a step-in shower, a laundry room, and plenty of storage space.
This classic Americana-style ranch is located within walking distance to Alma Schrader Elementary School, and is currently listed at $114,900. It is available for viewing through Re/Max Achievers, 335-8565.