- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Thanks for anonymous generosity
To the editor:My family and I decided to treat ourselves to a really nice meal at a restaurant that we as a family had never been to. Like most young families we can only afford meals at a restaurant like that maybe twice a month. sometimes three. This was a Christmas present to ourselves.
After eating our dinner and trying to get our 2-year-old to eat, we waited for the waitress to bring us the bill. After we waited a few minutes, she told us someone had decided to pay our bill. She said they told her they did not know us but wanted to do something nice. After asking the waitress several times if our bill was actually paid, we went home in shock, because things like this never in a million years happen to us.
We want to tell whoever paid for our meal: Thank you. You touched us in a special way to know that there is still special kindness in such a cruel world. We are truly thankful for what you have done. Thank you again, and God bless you.
TERRY DUVALL, Jackson