- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)9
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Thanks for anonymous generosity
To the editor:My family and I decided to treat ourselves to a really nice meal at a restaurant that we as a family had never been to. Like most young families we can only afford meals at a restaurant like that maybe twice a month. sometimes three. This was a Christmas present to ourselves.
After eating our dinner and trying to get our 2-year-old to eat, we waited for the waitress to bring us the bill. After we waited a few minutes, she told us someone had decided to pay our bill. She said they told her they did not know us but wanted to do something nice. After asking the waitress several times if our bill was actually paid, we went home in shock, because things like this never in a million years happen to us.
We want to tell whoever paid for our meal: Thank you. You touched us in a special way to know that there is still special kindness in such a cruel world. We are truly thankful for what you have done. Thank you again, and God bless you.
TERRY DUVALL, Jackson