- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Thanks for anonymous generosity
To the editor:My family and I decided to treat ourselves to a really nice meal at a restaurant that we as a family had never been to. Like most young families we can only afford meals at a restaurant like that maybe twice a month. sometimes three. This was a Christmas present to ourselves.
After eating our dinner and trying to get our 2-year-old to eat, we waited for the waitress to bring us the bill. After we waited a few minutes, she told us someone had decided to pay our bill. She said they told her they did not know us but wanted to do something nice. After asking the waitress several times if our bill was actually paid, we went home in shock, because things like this never in a million years happen to us.
We want to tell whoever paid for our meal: Thank you. You touched us in a special way to know that there is still special kindness in such a cruel world. We are truly thankful for what you have done. Thank you again, and God bless you.
TERRY DUVALL, Jackson