- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Thanks for anonymous generosity
To the editor:My family and I decided to treat ourselves to a really nice meal at a restaurant that we as a family had never been to. Like most young families we can only afford meals at a restaurant like that maybe twice a month. sometimes three. This was a Christmas present to ourselves.
After eating our dinner and trying to get our 2-year-old to eat, we waited for the waitress to bring us the bill. After we waited a few minutes, she told us someone had decided to pay our bill. She said they told her they did not know us but wanted to do something nice. After asking the waitress several times if our bill was actually paid, we went home in shock, because things like this never in a million years happen to us.
We want to tell whoever paid for our meal: Thank you. You touched us in a special way to know that there is still special kindness in such a cruel world. We are truly thankful for what you have done. Thank you again, and God bless you.
TERRY DUVALL, Jackson