- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Everett Speck, 95, of Anna died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2007, at his home.
He was born Aug. 21, 1912, in Anna, son of Henry Crawford and Ethel Norma Kirby Speck. He and Offa Jane Benefield were married Dec. 24, 1933, in Anna. She died Jan. 5, 1997.
Speck was a truck driver 46 years with Florsheim Shoe Co.
Survivors include two sisters, Martha Elliott of Minnesota, Mary Strandt of California; four grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 11:30 a.m. to service time today at Gospel Kingdom Penecostal Church in Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the church. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.
Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro is in charge of arrangements.