- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Cyclist arrested after GPS finds home
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. -- Police arrested a man on suspicion of stealing a GPS receiver after the device apparently gave him away.
Amityville police said they stopped a 33-year-old man Saturday after they spotted him trying to ride a bicycle while carrying several items, including a car GPS unit.
Police said when the officer pressed the home button on the GPS, it displayed a nearby address. The resident of that home told police the device was his.