- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Cyclist arrested after GPS finds home
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. -- Police arrested a man on suspicion of stealing a GPS receiver after the device apparently gave him away.
Amityville police said they stopped a 33-year-old man Saturday after they spotted him trying to ride a bicycle while carrying several items, including a car GPS unit.
Police said when the officer pressed the home button on the GPS, it displayed a nearby address. The resident of that home told police the device was his.