- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Cyclist arrested after GPS finds home
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. -- Police arrested a man on suspicion of stealing a GPS receiver after the device apparently gave him away.
Amityville police said they stopped a 33-year-old man Saturday after they spotted him trying to ride a bicycle while carrying several items, including a car GPS unit.
Police said when the officer pressed the home button on the GPS, it displayed a nearby address. The resident of that home told police the device was his.