- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Cyclist arrested after GPS finds home
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. -- Police arrested a man on suspicion of stealing a GPS receiver after the device apparently gave him away.
Amityville police said they stopped a 33-year-old man Saturday after they spotted him trying to ride a bicycle while carrying several items, including a car GPS unit.
Police said when the officer pressed the home button on the GPS, it displayed a nearby address. The resident of that home told police the device was his.