- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Ellen Ueleke
Mary Ellen Ueleke, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2007, at her home.
She was born Aug. 8, 1918, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Claude William and Ellenora Foeste Miller. She and Milton William Ueleke were married Dec. 23, 1946, in Cape Girar-deau. He died Feb. 20, 1999.
Ueleke attended Southeast Missouri State University and taught in Cape Girardeau public schools.
She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and United Methodist Women's Association. She was a member of Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation, and was an active leader in the local Republican Party.
Survivors include a daughter-in-law, Laura Ueleke, and a grandson, Matthew Miller Ueleke, both of Oxford, Miss.
She was preceded in death by a son, Dr. William Miller Ueleke, Dec. 12, 2005, as well as her parents and husband.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be today at 11 a.m. at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Jeff Long officiating.
Memorials may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church or American Cancer Society.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.