- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Blunt appoints Poplar Bluff man to state probation and parole board
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Gov. Matt Blunt announced Monday his appointment of Republican Joseph V. Knodell of Poplar Bluff, Mo., to the state's Board of Probation and Parole.
Knodell, 62, is a retired city planner for Poplar Bluff and a former consultant for the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. He is a former superintendent of Twin River and East Carter school districts and has a bachelor's degree in history from Arkansas State University and a master's degree in elementary school supervision and a specialist degree in school administration from Southeast Missouri State University.
Knodell's appointment is subject to Missouri Senate confirmation. The term expires Aug. 28, 2012.