- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Tennessee State upends Illinois 60-58
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Bruce Price scored 17 points to lead Tennessee State to a 60-58 upset road win against Illinois on Sunday.
Jerrell Houston added 12 points for Tennessee State (4-7), which last played Dec. 22 in an 83-74 loss to No. 15 Vanderbilt.
The Tigers led 29-24 at halftime behind 40 percent shooting from the field and five 3-pointers. Tennessee State ended the game 8-of-19 from 3-point range.
The Tigers' second-half advantage increased to 47-33 before Illinois (8-5) rallied to cut the lead to 48-45 on a Trent Meacham 3-pointer. Meacham hit five 3-pointers, including one with 1:04 to play that brought the score to 59-58. But the Tigers held off the Illini for the win.
Meacham led Illinois with a game-high 24 points.
Illinois senior forward Brian Randle injured his head at the end of the first half when he collided with a Tennessee State player going for a rebound. Randle did not return and finished with six points.