- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Tennessee State upends Illinois 60-58
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Bruce Price scored 17 points to lead Tennessee State to a 60-58 upset road win against Illinois on Sunday.
Jerrell Houston added 12 points for Tennessee State (4-7), which last played Dec. 22 in an 83-74 loss to No. 15 Vanderbilt.
The Tigers led 29-24 at halftime behind 40 percent shooting from the field and five 3-pointers. Tennessee State ended the game 8-of-19 from 3-point range.
The Tigers' second-half advantage increased to 47-33 before Illinois (8-5) rallied to cut the lead to 48-45 on a Trent Meacham 3-pointer. Meacham hit five 3-pointers, including one with 1:04 to play that brought the score to 59-58. But the Tigers held off the Illini for the win.
Meacham led Illinois with a game-high 24 points.
Illinois senior forward Brian Randle injured his head at the end of the first half when he collided with a Tennessee State player going for a rebound. Randle did not return and finished with six points.