- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community digest 12/31/07
NARFE chapter to meet Jan. 8 in Perryville
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- The National Association of Retired and Current Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 1237 will meet at noon Jan. 8 at Ponderosa Steakhouse in Perryville. Current and retired federal employees in Perry, Ste. Genevieve and Cape Girardeau counties are encouraged to attend. There will be a 50/50 drawing. The speaker for the meeting will be a representative from Blue Cross/Blue Shield. For more information, call 573-547-4249.
Teens taking trip to see wintering bald eagles
The Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center Racers, a group of 12- to 17-year-olds, will visit Mingo National Wildlife Refuge and Duck Creek Conservation Area near Puxico, Mo., from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 13 for a view of wintering bald eagles. Permission slips and registration are required. Transporation will be provided. For more information, call 290-5218.
Farmers market workshop scheduled
On Feb. 27 the Missouri Department of Agriculture and the Missouri Farmers' Market Association and AgriMissouri will hold a workshop on promoting farmers markets at Cape Girardeau County Extension in Jackson. The workshops will be held in five counties across the state. For more information or registration forms, call Lane McConnell at 573-751-4339 or e-mail Lane.McConnell@mda.mo.gov.
-- From staff reports