- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Weldon Miget, 85, of Perryville died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Jan. 7, 1922, at Perryville, son of Louis and Mary Huber Miget. He and Mildred Buchheit were married April 29, 1944, at Perryville.
Miget worked at Leo's TV in Pekin, Ill., as a TV technician. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and was a fourth-degree member of the Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife of Perryville; two daughters, Doris Voelker of Altenburg, Mo., Carol Nenninger of Perryville; two sisters, Eula Smith of Perryville, Vera Kim of DeSoto, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. with the Knights of Columbus. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Wednesday, and a rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville. The Rev. Milton Ryan will officiate, with burial in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.