- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Clare H. Murrie, 85, of Anna died Friday, Dec. 28, 2007, at Fountain Nursing Home in Marion, Ill.
She was born Nov. 24, 1922, at New Burnside, Ill., daughter of John and Nell Hanagan Henehan. She and Daniel Murrie were married Dec. 1, 1945, at Cobden, Ill. He died March 12, 1995.
Murrie was a graduate of Harrisburg Township High School and the Columbus School of Nursing in Chicago. She was a registered nurse employed at Anna State Hospital during most of her career and she also worked at Union County Hospital. She was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, the Anna-Jonesboro Women's Club and participated in the Red Hat Society.
Survivors include five sons, Jim Murrie of Homewood, Ill., Steve Murrie of Union, Mo., Mike Murrie of Ventura, Calif., John Murrie of Cape Girardeau, and Joseph Murrie of Anna; two daughters, Kathy Robinson of Columbia, Mo., Mary Anne Burden of Tujunga, Calif.; a sister, Katherine Lacart of Batavia, Ill.; 13 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home, with a prayer service at 7:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, with the Rev. Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Francis de Sales Catholic Cemetery near New Burnside.