- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Editorial quotes 01/31/04
"Infantrymen say to me they couldn't handle seeing a female getting hurt because it would remind them of their sister, aunt or wife. I understand their point, but at the same time we are all soldiers and we can all die for our country. So we can't we fight for our country?" -- Spc. Karen Guckert, 24, of Yakima, Wash., who is serving in Iraq, commenting on women's increasingly prominent role in the military.
"I believe that the effort that has been directed to this point has been sufficiently intense that it is highly unlikely that there were large stockpiles of deployed militarized chemical and biological weapons" in Iraq. -- David Kay, who led the CIA's search for banned weapons in Iraq, speaking before the Senate.
"We'll see if John Kerry can take the number of body blows that Howard Dean did and still be standing." -- Howard Dean spokeswoman Tricia Enright regarding Kerry's front-runner status.