- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Elsie Jenkins, 100, of Centerville, Ohio, passed away Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007, at Bethany Lutheran Village, surrounded by her family.
She was born Oct. 1, 1907, in Halls, Tenn., daughter of Guy and Erma Lucas Parrish. She married Paul Jenkins, who preceded her in death.
Jenkins lived in Cape Girardeau from 1933 to 1958 and was a schoolteacher 25 years.
First and foremost was Elsie's love for her family and her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She also loved to play Rummy Kub at Bethany Homestead and watch Tiger Woods.
Survivors include a son, Tom (Marcia) Jenkins of Xenia, Ohio; two granddaughters, Melissa Isham and Michelle Boyd; and three great-grandchildren, Brandon, Taylor and Aidan.
She was preceded in death by a son, Sonny, and a sister, Thelma (Horace) Thacker.
A memorial service will be held at Bethany Lutheran Village in February 2008. Tobias Funeral Home in Dayton, Ohio, is in charge of arrangements.
Interment will be in Cape Girardeau, with Ford and Sons Funeral Home in charge of local arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made in Elsie's name to the charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be viewed at www.tobiasfuneralhome.com.