- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Phillip Groves Sr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Phillip David Groves Sr., 73, of Chaffee died Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007, at Heartland Care and Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 1, 1934, in Cairo, Ill., son of David and Ruth Lassiter Groves.
Groves was a rental manager with Ryder Truck Co. and also worked at United Parcel Service.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include two sons, Kevin Groves of Cape Girardeau, David Groves Jr. of Perryville, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be after 4:30 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.