- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Texas wins Holiday Bowl 52-34
SAN DIEGO -- Texas quarterback Colt McCoy led the way Thursday night as the No. 17 Longhorns beat the mistake-prone and 12th ranked Arizona State Sun Devils 52-34 in the Holiday Bowl.
McCoy threw for a touchdown, ran for another and fumbled into the end zone at the end of a 30-yard run, with tight end Jermichael Finley recovering for a score. The Longhorns recovered two other fumbles by McCoy, with ASU getting one. Jamaal Charles carried 27 times for 161 yards and two touchdowns for the Longhorns (10-3).
The Sun Devils closed their season at 10-3
Motor City BowlPurdue 51, Central Michigan 48
DETROIT -- Chris Summers kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired in the Motor City Bowl, lifting Purdue (9-5) to a win over Central Michigan (8-6) on Wednesday night.
Curtis Painter threw for a school-record 546 yards and three touchdowns, helping the Boilermakers build three 21-point leads and set up the winning kick.
Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour threw for 293 yards and four scores and ran for 114 yards and two TDs.
-- The Associated Press