- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Train cars carrying sulfric acid derail near Pevely
PEVELY, Mo. (AP) -- Investigators are trying to determine what caused the derailment of six train cars containing sulfuric acid near St. Louis.
The derailment happened Wednesday night near Pevely in Jefferson County. No one was hurt. Authorities say the cars derailed over a 100-foot embankment.
Four of the cars were carrying sulfuric acid, but nothing spilled. Union Pacific spokesman Mark Davis says no evacuations were necessary.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com