- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mabel Lucille Yancey, 95, of Jackson died Monday, Dec. 24, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Nov. 14, 1912, at Millersville, daughter of Carl Albert and Bessie Wise Overbeck. She and Robert Roy Yancey were married Dec. 5, 1942, in Gulfport, Miss. He died Aug. 31, 2006.
Yancey was a seamer at Jackson Hosiery Mill. She attended Millersville School. Yancey was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church. She was a member of the Suzanna Wesley Sunday School class and Church Quilters' Club.
Survivors include a son, Roger (Darlene) Yancey of Evans, Ga.; a daughter, Donna (Mike) Rushing of Jackson; a sister, Anna Louise Adams of Jackson; four grandchildren, Carmen (Mike) Cox, Todd (Julie) Rushing, Marsha Yancey, Warren (Lauren) Yancey; five great-grandchildren, Colby and Austin Rushing, Matthew, Gunnar and Gracyn Cox.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Wise Overbeck and Carl Overbeck, and two sisters, Hunter Jones and Reba Dow.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Revs. John Rice and Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to New McKendree United Methodist Church.