- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Edward Thomas "Eddie" Stephens, 66, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Oct. 13, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, son of Clifford and Josephine Blankenship Stephens. He and Myrtle Pedigo were married Jan. 1, 1994, in East Cape Girardeau, Ill.
Stephens was an automotive technician 42 years and retired from Newell's Automotive. After retirement, he worked part time at Sam's Club.
He is survived by his wife; two sons, Jeff Stephens of Cape Girardeau, Kevin (Michelle) Stephens of Creal Springs, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Angel (David) Doria of Scott City; a brother, Terry Stephens; five sisters, Earline Cooper of Bertrand, Mo., Shirley Reeves of Creve Coeur, Mo., Lori Merille and Pat Laidley of St. Louis, Denise Green of Chicago; four grandchildren, Hailey and Cameron Stephens, and Vincent and Moriah Doria.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Bobby Stephens; and a sister, Sharon Jane Stephens.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Shawn Wasson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to the family for funeral expenses.