- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Bus information is lacking
To the editor:Having seen the bus-stop signs that have been erected throughout parts of Cape Girardeau, I thought it might be nice to avoid the Christmas parking hassle and catch a city bus to the mall.
"Ah, I need a schedule. I'll look on the Web page," I thought to myself. While I'll admit my computer skills may not be cutting edge, finding this information turned out to be a daunting task.
I checked the city of Cape Girardeau Web site. I could find nothing there. Then I checked the convention and visitors bureau Web site. Again I could find nothing. How about the chamber of commerce? No, again nothing. How about the Cape Girardeau County Web site? No, that didn't provide any information either.
After about an hour of trying different terms in the search engine, I eventually landed on the Web site of Cape County Transit Authority. There I found some information, although no comprehensive schedule of services that was remotely useful. There was a suggestion on the Web site, though: "Allow plenty of time to wait at your stop." Very useful.
It would seem to me that, in order for this service to be useful and successful, it needs to be better publicized, links added to all of the above Web sites and a coherent Web site developed by the transit authority.
And we wonder why ridership is low.
PETER GORDON, Cape Girardeau