- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Bus information is lacking
To the editor:Having seen the bus-stop signs that have been erected throughout parts of Cape Girardeau, I thought it might be nice to avoid the Christmas parking hassle and catch a city bus to the mall.
"Ah, I need a schedule. I'll look on the Web page," I thought to myself. While I'll admit my computer skills may not be cutting edge, finding this information turned out to be a daunting task.
I checked the city of Cape Girardeau Web site. I could find nothing there. Then I checked the convention and visitors bureau Web site. Again I could find nothing. How about the chamber of commerce? No, again nothing. How about the Cape Girardeau County Web site? No, that didn't provide any information either.
After about an hour of trying different terms in the search engine, I eventually landed on the Web site of Cape County Transit Authority. There I found some information, although no comprehensive schedule of services that was remotely useful. There was a suggestion on the Web site, though: "Allow plenty of time to wait at your stop." Very useful.
It would seem to me that, in order for this service to be useful and successful, it needs to be better publicized, links added to all of the above Web sites and a coherent Web site developed by the transit authority.
And we wonder why ridership is low.
PETER GORDON, Cape Girardeau