- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Investigation continues into fatal fire
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- An investigation continues into a fire that killed an eastern Missouri woman.
A juvenile has been arrested and two others have been questioned in the Saturday night fire that killed 72-year-old Thelma Nabors of Ste. Genevieve. She was found in her bedroom. A 13-year-old boy was also at the home but was unharmed.
The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff's Department is not releasing any further information. The state Fire Marshal's office is also investigating.
Results from an autopsy aren't expected for several weeks.
Firefighters responding to the blaze found heavy damage and a smoldering fire in the living room.
They said someone had tried to put out the fire before they arrived.