- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Mosley column is special gift
To the editor:What a pleasant surprise it was to see the front page of the paper on Christmas Eve and be allowed the pleasure of reading Jean Bell Mosley's words. She was born in the same area as I, and I have bought her books many times for my mother who remembers her family.
To read her words aloud is like reading poetry, and the strength of her sayings and the sweet confidence in her turn of phrase make it delightful and calming at the same time.
Thank you for the reminder I needed that life will always go on with good people daily striving to make it better, no matter what life throws at us. Through the personal experience of grief felt by a mother of an Iraq war veteran and the inner turmoil of how best to help someone whose life is seemingly wrecked, as we do so many days in pastoring, your choosing to rerun her article was a special gift of encouragement to me.
SHEILA G. FAIRE, Jackson