- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Two men charged after Scott City drug bust
A drug bust in Scott City on Sunday night resulted in two men charged with possession of controlled substances and parole violations, said Scott City police chief Don Cobb.
Kevin C. Jungers II, 48, of Scott City, and Dennis M. Jungers, 27, of Springfield, Mo., were charged after officers from the Scott City Police Department and the sheriff's department served a warrant at an 802 E. Fifth St. residence, Cobb said.
Officers found an undisclosed quantity of methamphetamine and a six-horsepower Power Vac that had been reported stolen from North Carolina, Cobb said.
Kevin Jungers was charged with receiving stolen property, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of a controlled substance, Cobb said.
Dennis Jungers was arrested in connection with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and parole absconder.
The bust was the result of an ongoing investigation that spanned the course of several months, Cobb said.