- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two men charged after Scott City drug bust
A drug bust in Scott City on Sunday night resulted in two men charged with possession of controlled substances and parole violations, said Scott City police chief Don Cobb.
Kevin C. Jungers II, 48, of Scott City, and Dennis M. Jungers, 27, of Springfield, Mo., were charged after officers from the Scott City Police Department and the sheriff's department served a warrant at an 802 E. Fifth St. residence, Cobb said.
Officers found an undisclosed quantity of methamphetamine and a six-horsepower Power Vac that had been reported stolen from North Carolina, Cobb said.
Kevin Jungers was charged with receiving stolen property, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of a controlled substance, Cobb said.
Dennis Jungers was arrested in connection with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and parole absconder.
The bust was the result of an ongoing investigation that spanned the course of several months, Cobb said.