- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man stabbed in fight at New Hamburg tavern
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- A bar brawl at Schindler's Tavern in New Hamburg early Sunday morning left one patron in the hospital recovering from stab wounds, according to a news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
A witness called the sheriff's department about 15 minutes after the fight occurred. Within a few minutes of the call, officers responded, finding one patron had suffered a stab wound from the fight.
The fight broke out inside the small bar amid an estimated crowd of more than 60 people, witnesses told authorities.
More than half of them went outside, where the fight continued. was stabbed. The release said the stabbed 19-year-old man didn't realize he had been stabbed until he collapsed on the gravel parking lot. His name had not been released as of Monday,
As soon as the man collapsed, the crowd quickly dispersed, witnesses said.
No one could identify who wielded the knife, but detectives will continue to interview more of the tavern patrons in an attempt to identify the suspect.
The victim was transported to an area hospital.
335-6611, extension 245