- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Today begins the annual tradition of the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament at the Show Me Center.
This is always a fun time for basketball fans and players. Over the course of the tournament, crowds grow larger. By Saturday, the facility will build to a frenzy. Charleston and Bell City are the favorites to win this year.
In addition to the on-court competition, there will be a chance to win off the court as well. Semoball.com is offering prizes to the best prognosticators. But you have to hurry if you want to get involved. Games have to be picked 15 minutes before tipoff.
Good luck to all teams and online participants. We hope this year's tournament will be as competitive as ever. And we hope to see good sportsmanship from players, fans and coaches.