- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Today begins the annual tradition of the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament at the Show Me Center.
This is always a fun time for basketball fans and players. Over the course of the tournament, crowds grow larger. By Saturday, the facility will build to a frenzy. Charleston and Bell City are the favorites to win this year.
In addition to the on-court competition, there will be a chance to win off the court as well. Semoball.com is offering prizes to the best prognosticators. But you have to hurry if you want to get involved. Games have to be picked 15 minutes before tipoff.
Good luck to all teams and online participants. We hope this year's tournament will be as competitive as ever. And we hope to see good sportsmanship from players, fans and coaches.