- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Today begins the annual tradition of the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament at the Show Me Center.
This is always a fun time for basketball fans and players. Over the course of the tournament, crowds grow larger. By Saturday, the facility will build to a frenzy. Charleston and Bell City are the favorites to win this year.
In addition to the on-court competition, there will be a chance to win off the court as well. Semoball.com is offering prizes to the best prognosticators. But you have to hurry if you want to get involved. Games have to be picked 15 minutes before tipoff.
Good luck to all teams and online participants. We hope this year's tournament will be as competitive as ever. And we hope to see good sportsmanship from players, fans and coaches.