- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ida E. Robert, 87, of Cape Gir-ardeau died Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007, at her home.
She was born Feb. 27, 1920, in Pocahontas, daughter of Martin and Nina Summers Hellwege. She and Carroll Joseph Robert were married Nov. 24, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He died March 5, 1990.
She worked as a seamstress during World War II and was a member of St. Mary Cathedral. She was a past member of the Women's Sodality.
Survivors include four sons, Carroll Robert of Red Bud, Ill., Harold Robert of Wright City, Mo., Joseph Robert and Patrick Robert, both of Cape Gir-ardeau; a sister, Gladys Steele of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Butch Hellwege of Boston; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, eight brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Chapel. Parish prayers will be at 5 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery.