- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jackie Lester Swinford, 53, of Chaffee died Friday, Dec. 21, 2007, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
He was born Feb. 6, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lester S. and Blanch Lee Mandrel Swinford.
Swinford was employed as a trucker. He was of the Methodist faith. Swinford was a member of Chaffee VFW No. 3127, Chaffee Elks No. 1810 and Cape Girardeau Eagles Aerie No. 3775.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include three sons, John (Tina) Swinford, Nick (Jessica) Swinford and Blaine (Morgan) Swinford, all of Chaffee; his parents of Brownwood, Mo.; a brother, Gary (Sally) Swinford of Brownwood; three sisters, Fran (J.R.) Warren of Fruitland, Phillys (Bobby) Newberry of Arab, Mo., and Trudi Swindford of Brownwood; seven grandchildren, Bailey Brody, Bradyn, Bridgett, Drew, Jake and Gracie, all of Chaffee.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. until the 6 p.m. service Wednesday at First United Methodist Church in Chaffee. The Rev. Frank Hustead will officiate. A VFW service by Chaffee VFW Post 3127 will follow.
Interment will be at a later date.