- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- Cleaophas Miller Manker, 93, of Oran died Friday, Dec. 21, 2007, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Oct. 27, 1914, in Steele, Mo., daughter of Jim and Laura Johnson Miller. She and Clarence A. Manker were married May 2, 1931. He died April 30, 1983.
Manker lived in East Prairie, Mo., before moving to Oran in 1967.
Survivors include a daughter, Opal Childers of Morley, Mo.; a brother, Johnny Miller of Des Arc, Mo.; a sister, Vashti Arington of East Prairie; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Adkisson officiating.
Interment will follow in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens.