- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Holly Renee Jansen and Dustin Lee Hoesli were married July 7, 2007, at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold. The Rev. Freddie Byrd of Owensboro, Ky., performed the ceremony. Readers were Heather Cassidy of Topanga, Calif., cousin of the groom, and Sheila Irvin of Leopold, aunt of the bride.
Servers were Robert Holzum of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Garrett Smith of Owensboro, cousin of the groom. Gift bearers were Norman and JoEllen Jansen of Leopold, godparents of the bride, and Malcolm and Sharon Franklin of San Francisco, Calif., uncle and aunt of the groom.
Eucharistic ministers were Dustin Jansen and Kyla Horrell of Leopold, Ashley Jansen of Overland Park, Kan., Lucas Horrell of Glennon, Mo., cousins of the bride, and Iris Elfrink of Leopold.
Organists were Pam Horrell of Glennon, aunt of the bride, and Kelly Irvin of Leopold, cousin of the bride. Saxophonist was Billy Jansen of Springfield, Mo., cousin of the bride. Soloists were Bob and Tyler Clubb of Leopold, Clay Hurst of Fruitland, and Casie Janet of Cape Girardeau. Vocalists were Cindy Jansen, aunt of the bride; Mary Jansen, Jean Clubb and Sharon Vandeven, all of Leopold.
Parents of the couple are Gerald and Leeann Jansen of Leopold, and Ted and Maria Hoesli of Owensboro.
Maid of honor was Hanna Jansen of New Hamburg, Mo., sister of the bride Bridesmaids were Courtney Wesbecher of Leopold; Elaura Hoesli of Owensboro, sister of the groom; Denise Broom of Sikeston, Mo., Sonya Jansen of Benton, Mo., Laura Booth of Caruthersville, Mo., Janice Jansen of Leopold and Shelly Holzum of Jackson, cousins of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Emily Hoesli of Owensboro, sister of the groom.
Daniel Evans of Owensboro was best man. Groomsmen were Stark Hinton and Josh Payne of Owensboro, Greg Humkey of Lexington, Ky., Nate Parchman of O'Fallon, Ill., Adam Barnes of Water Valley, Ky.; Clayton Jansen and J.T. Broshuis of Leopold, both cousins of the bride. Ushers were Jon Holden of Dyersburg, Tenn., and Eric Blalock of Hickman, Ky.
Flower girl was Haley Johnson, daughter of Hanna Jansen and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Nathan Hurst, son of Clay and Becky Hurst.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold.
Mrs. Hoesli is a 2003 graduate of Leopold High School, and a 2007 graduate of Murray State University in Murray, Ky.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Owensboro High School, and a 2006 graduate of Murray State. He is employed by Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
After a wedding trip to Steamboat Springs and Craig, Colo., the couple resides in Murray.