- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Julie Ann Mier and Jamey Louis Heisserer were married June 16, 2007, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony. Lector was Ruth Ann Mier of Jackson. Organist was Betty Vandeven of Chaffee, Mo., and vocalists were Amanda Morrow of Jackson and Kevin Mier of Scott City.
The bride is the daughter of Chris and Malissa Mier of Scott City and Andy and Debra Brown of Millersville. The groom is the son of Ralph and Brenda Heisserer of Benton, Mo.
Matron of honor was Niki Laubach of Scott City, sister of the bride, and maid of honor was Kristi Schumer of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Maggie Devaney of St. Louis, Stacey and Amy Heisserer of Benton, both sisters of the groom.
Brandon Licare of Kelso was best man. Groomsmen were Matt Porch of Scott City, Jacob Ressel and Dustin Benson of Kelso, and Kevin Mier of Scott City, brother of the bride. Ushers were David Sweeney of Fruitland, cousin of the bride; Jeff Laubach of Scott City, brother-in-law of the bride; Jordon Comer of Scott City and Todd Friend of Kelso.
Candlelighters were Christine Sturms and Rachel Sprandel of Jackson.
Flower girl was Kyra Laubach of Scott City, niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Ethan Thomason of Chaffee, cousin of the groom.
Melissa and Rachel Colyer of Jackson attended the guest book.
The dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Mrs. Heisserer is a graduate of Scott City High School, and received a bachelor's degree in human environmental studies from Southeast Missouri State University. She is administrative assistant at Kohl's Department Store.
The groom is a graduate of Scott City High School, and received a bachelor's degree in agribusiness from Southeast. He is a carpenter with Kiefner Brothers Inc.
After a wedding trip to St. Thomas, the couple resides in Scott City.