- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Ida Wallace, 89, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2007, at her home.
She was born June 9, 1918, in Sikeston, daughter of Cullen Lee and Dora Kappler Oliver. She and Marvin R. "Buddy" Wallace were married Oct. 1, 1938, at Benton, Mo.
Wallace had worked at International Shoe Co. in Sikeston and had been a cook with Sikeston School District. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Richard "Sonny" Wallace of Wichita, Kan., Don Wallace of Avondale, Ariz., James Wallace of Jackson; a daughter, Sharon Taylor of Malden, Mo.; a brother, Eugene Oliver of Sikeston; 38 grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a son, four brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. to service time today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. John Bouldrey officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.