- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mildred Roberts, 86, of Cairo died Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2004, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Jan. 6, 1918, in Lovelaceville, Ky., daughter of J.M. and Zada Hines Clark. She married Charles Roberts, who died in 1998.
Roberts was a secretary many years with Alexander County Highway Department in Olive Branch, Ill. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Peggy Fairchild and Carla Shemwell of Cairo, Florence Goatley of Wickliffe, Ky.; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 8 a.m. until noon Thursday. The rosary will be recited at 11 a.m.
The funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at St. Patrick's Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill.